Thursday 29 December 2011

Wow, wow, wow!

Three big wows today (Wed 28th):

1. Being charged 25p for a the best falafel sandwich I've ever eaten, having watched it being made from scratch by the smiliest man I've ever seen
2. The location for eating said sandwich... the vast and breathtaking canyon of Wadi Musid
3. Rounding the corner on our nighttime walk into Petra to see the facade of the treasury lit by hundreds of paper lanterns. Magnificent.

The 4km walk this evening was very welcome after a lot of driving. But my legacy from the Trailwalker was once again evident in that I seem to only have one walking pace: fast. Or more accurately, faster than everyone else!

The time on the bus was certainly not wasted. I've learnt a great deal about Islam and the values of the Jordanian people and witnessed a beautiful rosy sunset over the desert.

Now really looking forward to a full day in Petra. From what I've seen already, I don't think it's going to disappoint!




Location:Petra, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment